Merchant Card Information
The Commonwealth of Virginia’s Department of the Treasury is pleased to announce that Elavon is the successful bidder for the State’s merchant card contract. The new contract became effective February 1, 2010, with pricing taking effect March 1, 2010. This contract period is a five-year term with three one-year renewals. Please refer to Contract Number CMI 10-001 for details.
Some of the features of the contract are:
- Extension of the contract to local governments.
- Localities interested in the state’s contract should contact Glen Green with Elavon. When a Local Government Joinder is executed, the locality must email Treasury's Merchant Services.
- Option to accept pin and pinless debit cards
- Option to create an agency/locality gift card
- Option to accept (ACH) electronic checks
- Elavon’s $0.020 per transaction Tier 3 pricing is effective as of July 1, 2013. This per item transaction pricing is in addition to the appropriate card association’s pass through interchange fee. Please see Pricing Estimator Tool to determine your agency’s costs.
Contract Status CMI 10-001
The merchant card contract between the Department of the Treasury and Elavon for use by state agencies and localities is effective as of February 1, 2010. Please refer to Contract Number CMI 10-001. Pricing effective March 1, 2010.
Merchant Card Guide and Tools
Pricing Estimator Tool - This tool is used to calculate your annual merchant card expenses.
PCI Compliance Guide – This document explains the Payment Card Industry’s electronic payment processing rules.
Interchange Reference Guide – Please utilize Google and search for the most up-to-date Interchange Rates for each Association. EX: "Visa Interchange Rates". To that rate, add the Elavon transaction fee of $0.020 to calculate your total fees.
Standard Application -- The application incorporates the MasterCard, Visa, and Discover applications.
American Express Application -- The application only contains the American Express information.
Additional Payment Device Processing Services